Of Beren and Lúthien: The Complete Tale of “The Lay of Leithian” by LuthienHuan

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Dedicated to my family,

— Wife Kristy (“My Lúthien”) —

— Daughter Bethany —

&

 — Son BJ —

 

Please leave reviews. I would also like to thank everyone who take their time to read my story. Please email me to let me know who you are. Thank you.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

A how-it-might-have-been tale based on the Chapter "Of Beren and Lúthien" in The Silmarillion and other writings which fans will recognize.

Major Characters: Barahir (First Age), Beleg, Bëor, Beren, Celebrimbor, Celegorm, Curufin, Daeron, Dior, Elu Thingol, Elwing, Fëanor, Finarfin, Fingolfin, Fingon, Finrod Felagund, Finwë, Galadriel, Gorlim, Huan, Lúthien Tinúviel, Mablung, Manwë, Melian, Melkor, Nahar, Olwë, Original Character(s), Orodreth, Oromë, Sauron, Thorondor, Ungoliant, Varda, Yavanna

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Adventure, Drama

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings: Violence (Mild)

Chapters: 22 Word Count: 55, 594
Posted on 4 November 2009 Updated on 6 November 2009

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

Introductions of Beren and Lúthien; plus the meeting of Thingol and Melian

Mablung and Beleg meet Barahir and his men.

Gorlim betrays Barahir and the men.

Beren meets Thorondor who tells him of the saddest day since Middle-earth was created.

Beren's terrible trek through Middle-earth's most evil mountains outside Thangorodrim.

Beren and Lúthien meet.

Thingol gives Beren his test to prove his love for Lúthien.

Beren again meets Finrod and asks for his aid in his Quest, but two of Feanor's sons intervene.

Beren with Finrod and his soldiers are captured by Sauron, who threatens to kill all unless he finds out who he's really captured.

After she escapes Hirilorn, Lúthien flees to rescue Beren, Finrod and the other captives, and meets two foes and an unusual ally.

Finrod fulfills his oath; Beren saved by Lúthien and their newest best friend.

Lúthien and Huan save Beren; say farewell to Finrod.

Orodreth takes rule of Nargothrond, Celegorm and Curufin banned.

Beren and Lúthien finally get to enjoy each other, until they're attacked by two foes.

Beren and Lúthien make it to Angband and take on Middle-earth's most evil; gain a Silmaril but meet another evil foe.

Beren and Lúthien make it back to Doriath where Thingol has a change of heart.

Beren, Huan, Thingol, Mablung and Beleg hunt for Carcharoth, but something goes terribly wrong.

Lúthien pleads and sings to Mandos for Beren's release.

Mandos releases Beren; and someone else also returns to the land of the living.

Beren and Lúthien leave Doriath to make a new life.

Something terrible happens at the old home.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.